Art transforms lives. It provokes us to think, to express, to explore our own creativity, to envision new possibilities. SFMOMA expanded the museum to provide a better experience for our visitors and a better home for our expanding collections, including the SFMOMA collection and the Fisher Collection, one of the finest collections of contemporary art in the world. The new SFMOMA, designed in collaboration with the architecture firm Snøhetta, opened May 14, 2016. With this project, we are transforming not just the museum's physical presence, but also our contributions to the community, enhancing SFMOMA's role as a place for learning, inspiration, and interaction for visitors from the Bay Area and beyond. We are making SFMOMA a magnet for contemporary art and for the audiences who will engage with it.
Do you dream about organizing technical projects? Do you want to work in San Francisco's premier art museum? SFMOMA is currently looking for a Digital Project Manager.
The Digital Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Digital Experience and works closely with a Front-End Developer. This position is responsible for providing technical project planning, driving key website initiatives and implementing digital projects that are closely aligned with SFMOMA's strategic plan. The Digital Project Manager will make sure all initiatives are completed on time, within scope and budget by ensuring that the cost, schedule, performance, and system throughout the digital life cycle (concept, UX, design, development, testing, evaluation and follow-up)
This position manages all phases of the website service delivery including, but not limited to: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resources (including partners and subcontractors), project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, and status reporting.
We are looking an individual who is skilled in the full spectrum of project management skills, including:
- Scope. Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders on web and digital features.
- Communicate. Set expectations across a complicated, matrix driven organization. Communicate ongoing progress on projects and identify/mediate ongoing risk. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Manage. Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews to complete the project life cycle. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports
- Collaboration. Work closely with the Director of Digital Experience and the Front End Web Developer to develop and structure museum wide web priorities by scoping features, building sprint schedules and setting expectations
- Attitude. Jump into pop up digital projects with gusto and excitement.
- Data. Generate and interpret custom web traffic reports and statistics. Oversee and implement custom tracking tags.
- Advocate. Develop community across the museum around web and digital products.
- Research. Proven history of developing comprehensive online strategies. Stay on top of trends.
Education and Training: BA required.
Work Experience: 3+ years of experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools, related experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience, in website content production and software development.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated or direct experience managing complicated web/digital products through the entire design cycle (Discovery, Concept, UX, Design, Development, Testing)
- Demonstrated or direct experience with HTML web application programming
- Demonstrated or direct experience with ideation/creation/development/documentation/maintenance of content management systems, database and system design.
- Preferred knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate and interact with staff from a variety of departments, as well as outside vendors and contractors, with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Asana and Jira.
- Ability to understand and translate requests from non-technical stakeholders and collaborators.
- Familiarity with the latest web and mobile production standards and practices, as well as social media tools and platforms.
- Experience working within a museum or other non-profit organization desired.
Physical Demands: Must be able to visually inspect work and be able to generate own work on computer.
Special Environmental Factors: Close office setting.
POSITION: Digital Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Digital Experience
SUPERVISOR: Director of Digital Experience
SCHEDULE: Full time
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.