Art transforms lives. It provokes us to think, to express, to explore our own creativity, to envision new possibilities. SFMOMA expanded the museum to provide a better experience for our visitors and a better home for our expanding collections, including the SFMOMA collection and the Fisher Collection, one of the finest collections of contemporary art in the world. The new SFMOMA, designed in collaboration with the architecture firm Snøhetta, opened May 14, 2016. With this project, we are transforming not just the museum's physical presence, but also our contributions to the community, enhancing SFMOMA's role as a place for learning, inspiration, and interaction for visitors from the Bay Area and beyond. We are making SFMOMA a magnet for contemporary art and for the audiences who will engage with it.
As directed by the Chief Technology Officer, delivers quality customer service to SFMOMA staff by providing them with backend applications and database system support (upgrades, updates, backup, business continuity) for specialized museum applications. The System Analyst/DBA will be able to recommend and implement integration of systems through database design and programming/scripting. The System Analyst/DBA uses documented processes and procedures to execute tasks/duties and requires a minimum of supervision and assistance. In collaboration with the IT Operations Manager, the System Analyst/DBA also helps create/modify processes and procedures to effectively support special museum applications and serves as escalation partner to the IT Help Desk for complex application and database related issues.
- Responsible for providing backend application support for the following museum systems
- CRM membership, development system, ticketing, and BI
- Digital Asset Management system
- Collections management system
- Collections Information Data Mart
- GL system
- Retail systems (including POS and Inventory Management)
- Artist Gallery system
- Help desk ticket systemResponsible for development, architecture and administration of all museum database services
- Assist the IT Operations Manager and Lead Software Architect in designing, installing and supporting application server software and troubleshooting server/client software issues
- Available for afterhours emergency application support as needed
- Directly responsible for coordinating application upgrades, updates, and integration points with stakeholders in various museum departments
- Assist the IT Operations Manager in planning and implementing database and application projects
- Assist the IT Help Desk staff in escalation of application and database related Help Desk issues
- Provide friendly, courteous service to all end-users
- Basic knowledge of virtual server environments (VMWare/Nutanix)
- Working knowledge of Windows Server environments
- Complete any additional tasks assigned by the Chief Technology Officer
Education and Training: Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience in administering a MSSQL environment, including 2008/2012/2014/2016, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS programming experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in MSSQL server, including stored procedures, functions, triggers and relational database design
- Proficiency in MSSQL technologies including SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS
- Knowledge of basic software development methodologies, practices life-cycles
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint 2016
- General knowledge of Internet Information Server 7.0 - 10
- Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro a plus
- Proven resource management skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong change and project management skills
- Documented training and experience in Windows server 2016/2019 environments
- Excellent Microsoft Networking and Active Directory knowledge
- Self-motivated (willing to learn) and goal oriented
- Able to communicate with and work with senior management and staff
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Special Environmental Factors: Exposure to E.M.F. levels deemed non-hazardous by state and federal agencies.
POSITION: System Analyst-DBA
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Chief Technology Officer
SCHEDULE: Full time
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.